We are pleased to support a rapidly growing AIFM in recruiting thier Chief Valuation Officer, to be responsible for the development of the valuation function in the business primarily focusing on provision of 3rd party AIFM services.
- Be responsible for creation and maintenance of the valuation system including production of valuation procedures for the AIFM and the AIFs managed, including annual reviews of adequacy of the valuation system.
- Be part of the valuation committee of the AIFM.
- Be exposed to valuation in several sectors, including real estate, buy-out, venture capital or debt strategies.
- Perform regular reviews of the valuations of the assets of the AIFs managed by the AIFM and proposed by the valuation advisors, prepare valuation reports of the AIFs on regular basis, and present them to the Valuation Committee for approval
- Participate in NAV validations performed regularly by the AIFM, cooperate with the financial department, produce NAV validation reports, and present them to the Valuation Committee for approval.
- Academic degree in finance, economics, mathematics or equivalent.
- Several years of related experience in valuations.
- Understanding valuation methodology of alternative investments primarily in real estate, private equity and private debt.
- Awareness of respective regulations, incl. AIFMD requirements in the field of valuations.
- Good understanding of financial mathematics, statistics and modelling techniques.
- Analytical mind and ability to understand technical subjects.
- Good level of skills in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Access).
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English.