Our client is one of the biggest Asset Manager in Europe, looking to strengthen its local legal team in Luxembourg.
Creation and monitoring of UCIs, implementation of draft amendments, registration with foreign authorities, regulatory follow-up:
- Preparation, drafting and /or modification / revision of legal documents relating to investment funds, on the occasion of various related events (creation of the SICAV / sub-funds / funds, merger, liquidation, change of policy , commission, etc.), taking into account the operational needs and regulations applicable at both the country of origin and the future marketing countries
- Monitoring of files submitted to the Luxembourg supervisory authorities with a view to obtaining the required approvals
- Active participation in the operational start of the events, in contact and collaboration with the operational services, if necessary the other legal services of the group, and the providers concerned
- Establishment and follow-up of initial or subsequent files relating to an application for marketing authorization to foreign authorities.
Drafting and administration of contracts
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements in accordance with the Group’s standards, the legal and organizational specificities of the client (if applicable) and the Luxembourg or local regulations relating thereto
- Participation in the qualitative evolution of contract models in relation with other lawyers in the Legal Business Line.
- Conduct of legal studies and / or contribution to projects carried out in response to internal needs or customer files (extension of authorized fields of activity approved by the authorities, calls for tenders, commercial proposals, review of commercial documentation, etc.)
- Follow-up of disputes or incidents, in liaison with specialized internal legal and operational teams and / or mandated law firms
- Development and updating of procedures.
- Contribution to the social life of the funds: AGE, AGO, resolution of the council, contact with the auditors, revision of the reports, LFR, etc.
- Management of procedures and services related to the listing of funds in Luxembourg
- Assistance in finding practical solutions to legal risks related to the company’s activities
- Contribution to the awareness of the operational staff of the legislative and regulatory provisions applicable to fixtures and conventions, as well as their evolutions
- Follow-up of the regulatory watch and study of foreign regulations for analysis of local conditions and constraints (eg marketing conditions in the possible formats)
- Development and updating of regulatory databases
- Participation in internal or local working groups in the context of regulatory developments and related
- Bac + 4/5 training in law (business law, private law)
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar function within the investment fund industry
- Good knowledge in Contract law, Corporate law, Commercial law
- Knowledge of financial instruments and investment services
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French. German/Spanish would be an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize workflow while adhering to strict deadlines and excellent work and accuracy
- Curiosity and taste for investigation and monitoring
- Analytical with synthesis capacity
- Strong technical and writing skills to make comprehensible and intelligible texts of law to non-lawyers
- Strength of argumentation and conviction
- Strong team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Good knowledge of computer tools (Word, Excel, Notes, Power Point)
If your profile is not suitable for this particular role, we will keep your CV on file for any future positions which could be suitable.
|Legal & Corporate