Our client is a European Real Estate Investment Manager specialising in European commercial real estate investments on behalf of major investors from around the world.
For their boutique Luxembourg office, they are now looking for a Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Responsible for all legal, corporate and regulatory activities of the Real Estate Funds and its Luxembourg entities (100+ entities)
- Actively participate and advise on transactions and structuring investments for the firm’s sponsored European real estate Funds (acquisition, joint venture, development projects, disposal, financing, restructuring etc), coordinate with local lawyers and advisors and provide support to acquisition team to ensure timely closing.
- Advise the group on a broad range of legal, corporate, and compliance matters across Europe in providing comprehensive and pragmatic advice
- Supervise the administration of a portfolio of Luxembourg holding and property companies owning real estate (take over the daily management function)
- Sound management of the legal and compliance department, defining scope of responsibilities and tasks. Mentoring and training of the legal and compliance team
- Arrange and attend board/investment committee meetings or shareholder meetings – review/draft written board or shareholder resolutions. Act as an advisor to the Luxembourg board.
- Draft and/or review, legal and corporate documents such as intercompany loan agreements, NDAs, contributions agreements and later conversion into equity, increase of share capital, articles of incorporation, liquidation documentation (knowledge of internal financing instruments is a must)
- Handle legal and corporate requests and needs of the other group departments/functions (including for the other offices)
- Coordinate management of the EU entities in the Funds’ structures and advise on good corporate governance
- Act as the key contact with lawyers, notaries, depositories, Funds consultants and work collaboratively with other departments/functions (such as finance, tax and accounting)
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the Funds (AIFs) in collaboration with the UK-based AIFM
- Supervise the compliance and KYC/AML processes (Funds’ AML Policy and Risk Based Approach)
- Participate in local and global legal initiatives and internal projects, close monitoring of legal and regulatory changes
- 10+ years of experience in a legal and compliance role within an Law Firm or AIFM in Luxembourg
- Strong knowledge of the legal and regulatory aspects of Real Estate Funds
- Qualified Lawyer – LLM or equivilant
- Proven experience in managing a small team, or the desire to
- Excellent communication skills across all levels and divisions globally
- Fluent in English and French is mandatory, Italian or Spanish are an advantage
- Tax structuring experience is a distinct advantage
|Job Category||Legal & Corporate|